Dynamics 365 Sales lead and opportunity routing is based on an easily configurable, rule-based assignment engine automatically distributes records using various commonly used parameters, strung together in a simple rule framework.
The assignment rule capability in Dynamics 365 Sales automates the distribution of incoming leads and opportunities to sellers and teams, ensuring that the leads, or records, are consistently assigned based on repeatable rules and configurations defined by your organization. Automated lead and opportunity routing creates process efficiencies, so the right prospect reaches the right salesperson at the right time, eliminating errors from manual routing, and creating a balanced workload for global sales teams.
This feature covers following functionalities:
- Define rules for automatic assignment. The following components are included:
- Segments: This is a group of leads/opportunities that can be assigned to the rule.
- Lead attribute: Lead attributes that need to be considered should be maintained here.
- Seller attribute: The attributes and skills of the sellers that need to be evaluated for lead distribution should be mentioned in the rule.
- Distribution method: Leads and opportunities can be distributed either through round robin or load balancing methods.
- Ability to define seller attributes and assign to the seller: Seller attributes can be specifically defined for assignment rules.
- Maintain sales team and capacity: The user can maintain the sellers who would receive the leads. The capacity of the sellers can also be used, which would be taken into consideration when distributing the leads and opportunities.
Step 1: Select Workspace and click on Quick setup.
Step 2: Select All security roles and publish.
Step 3: Create “New segment”
Step 4: Define team access and select “All security roles” & click on Save.
Step 5: Create Assignment Rule and choose segment.
- Round robin: Leads are distributed on a cyclical basis to sellers who are qualified to receive the lead, based on the conditions of the assignment rule.
- Load balancing: Leads are distributed among sellers depending on their current workload. This helps ensure that all sellers are equally busy.
Step 6: Create Lead Record and enter all the information.
Step 7: Now the owner of the record is “CRM Admin1”. After refresh the owner of the record is “User A”.