One of the great features of Dynamics 365 is the ability to import records into the system. Import in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement can be used for creating new records, as well as updating existing records. Below are the steps to import data in dynamics 365:
Step 1: Get your import file ready
Make sure your data is as complete and accurate as possible when you create the import file. Fill in any missing info and verify that names and other information are spelled correctly.
These file formats are supported:
- Comma-separated values (.csv)
- Text (.txt)
- Compressed (.zip)
- Excel Spreadsheet 2003 (.xml)
- Excel Workbook (.xlsx)
The maximum file size allowed for .zip files is 32 MB. For the other file formats, the maximum file size allowed is 8 MB.
Step 2: Run the Import Data wizard
We will use the Import Data wizard to import the file.
1. Go to Settings > Data Management > Imports.
2. On the command bar select Import Data > Import Data.
3. Browse to the folder where you saved the file that contains the import file. Select the file, and
then select Open, Then, select Next.
4. Review the file name, and if the file is in .xlsx, .xml, .csv, .txt or .zip format, verify that the field
and data delimiters are correct. In most cases, you can accept the default delimiters, follow this
step if you wish to check them:
a. Click Delimiter Settings, and then select the characters used to separate the contents of
fields and pieces of data. (These characters are called “delimiters.”).
5. Select Next.
6. Confirm that the Import Data wizard has mapped all the pieces of info (called “fields”) in the
import file to the correct fields in Dynamics 365 Customer Engagement.
7. After reviewing the field mapping, select Next.
8. Review the summary, and then select Next.
9. Select additional import settings.
a. If it’s okay for the Import Data wizard to import duplicate records, in the Allow Duplicates
section,select Yes otherwise select No.
b. To set who owns the imported records, in the Select Owner for the Imported Records section,
select the Lookup button Lookup button. Select Look Up More Records, type the person’s name,
and then select Add.
10. Select Submit.
11. To verify that the wizard was successful, select Imports, and then review the report. Otherwise,